Saturday, September 15, 2012

Front Page of the WSJ, and "Below the Fold"

To Show Their Support, Soccer Fans in the U.S. Need to Master 'Tifo'

SANTA CLARA, Calif.—Members of the 1906 Ultras, a fan club for the San Jose Earthquakes soccer team, had a lot at stake as they trooped into Buck Shaw stadium here for a game earlier this season.

The concern wasn't so much their team's prospects against rival Real Salt Lake. The big test was their own performance in the stands. ...

See the whole story here, from the WSJ.

Kicking Back Comments: Here are the article on the front Page of the WSJ:





Which story does not belong?

I am a little surprised frankly the WSJ went there. It's not even a good article.
Why is this on A1? I have to believe there are a few other things going on that should make A1.

Now I get this is a WSJ "A-Head", and the library of WSJ A-Heads can be found here. It was just widely out of place, and had almost no point to me.

I dunno, I'm not saying everything has to be serious all the time, but this article to me was particularly vapid. This includes the reference to ultras-tifo.net, which is running ads from holliganart.com.

Maybe its me. Is this the A-Head to run?

No comments:

Post a Comment