Friday, October 19, 2012

That's a pro move ... on the ladies

A-Rod hits on women at ALCS game

7:11PM EDT October 16. 2012 - Alex Rodriguez has been repeatedly striking out and playing so poorly lately that he has been dropped in the batting order and was even taken out of the New York Yankees' lineup on Saturday in an ALCS game vs. the Detroit Tigers.

While A-Rod's game at the plate has been abysmal, that didn't stop the highest-paid Yankee from working on his game with the ladies. ...

See the whole story here, courtesy of USA Today.

Kicking Back Comments: We spoke about acting like a pro last week in Be Nice or Be Gone. While seemingly acceptable for players to act in such a way, I can assure you it is not for match officials (of any sport).

I have (2) personal stories in this regard, one as a high school player, one as a youth (very youth) referee. While innocent enough in both cases, neither turned out well for me, even absent my active participation. In both cases I was "spoken to", one by my coach, and once by my dad who was the director of officials in Walpole where I was doing in town matches.

It was a staggering reminder that there are eyes and ears everywhere who are ready to interpret what they think they observed, and not what happened.

To be a pro you have to "squeak when you walk", and that is no small feat.

Trust me on that one =)

No comments:

Post a Comment