Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Eat Up!!

I have opined here several times that referees, especially youth referees, particularly in tournament settings, are endurance athletes and need to eat, drink, and train accordingly.

We are about (6) weeks away from Memorial Day tournaments ... are you ready to go for (4) days straight, doing (6) matches a day in early summer heat?

For me personally, I started training last October for an even this October, and while I likely have a bit further to go to get into form than most here, my point stands that fitness is not a fad, or an overnight thing, it is a lifestyle.

Nutrition is a huge part of an athletes lifestyle.

Take a second a look at this very worth article that speaks to soccer nutrition specifically.
It's worth it.

Sports Nutrition – A Head Fake Toward a Healthy Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment