Don't believe me? Take a trip to Atlanta and visit the sites of the 1996 Olympics. They are dormant and weed filled in some cases.
Even better were some of the demands from the IOC. You have to read them to believe them but they included:
- Separate lanes should be created on all roads where IOC members will travel, which are not to be used by regular people or public transportation.
- The IOC president shall be welcomed ceremoniously on the runway when he arrives.
- IOC members shall be greeted with a smile when arriving at their hotel.
- Meeting rooms shall be kept at exactly 20 degrees Celsius at all times.
- The hot food offered in the lounges at venues should be replaced at regular intervals, as IOC members might “risk” having to eat several meals at the same lounge during the Olympics.
It was awesome.
It was clear these guys did not have much money but did what they could to make us feel as welcome as possible.
It was the best chewing gum I ever had to this day.
I read stuff like separate lanes or this other nonsense and just reflect on what a bunch of self indulging t*atwa##les (n. An elitist; someone unaware of their own limitations and highly critical of others.) these folks are.
Good riddance Herr Bach, you may say it is Boston's fault, but honestly, we're happy to see you go.