Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I for one hope she stays ...

What's next for U.S. soccer superstar Abby Wambach

NEW YORK — After two Olympic gold medals and years of being the face of women's soccer, Abby Wambach is finally a World Cup champion.

At 36 years old, Wambach is still deciding if she will participate in next summer's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. "In my mind, I have to believe that if I'm asked to be on the team, I don't know if I can say no," Wambach told media members before a Citi Kids event at Citi Field in New York last Thursday. "But I also know that a lot's got to happen between now and then." ...

See the whole story here, courtesy of Mashable.

Kicking Back Comments: I hope she stays through the Olympics frankly. She is a charismatic leader that is doing worlds for The Game (gender neutral) and The Womens' Game in particular. I also give her big props for her moves against FIFA for the nonsense they created by not allowing the WWC to be played on grass. While I would have liked to see the players continue their suit, I certainly understand why they ended it.

While I personally don't see her moving to the analyst chair for TV, I can only hope she finds herself involved with US Soccer in a coaching or advisory position.


No comments:

Post a Comment