Friday, December 31, 2010

Lies!! Damn Lies!!! Part Deux.

Product is property of Power Balance
In an earlier post I spoke about this Power Balance product and how they got caught scamming folks at $60 a pop.

Well, as I said the product is available much cheaper from outlets like Amazon.com.

Just for kicks I got curious how the live demo's (as seen in the earlier post) actually work. As luck would have it I found this really funny post on Amazon with one person's experience and what he did to thwart the scammers.

151 of 166 people found the following review helpful:

1.0 out of 5 stars Sales rep... Busted! *READ IT*September 22, 2010
This review is from: Power Balance Silicone Wristband Bracelet --(Color:black; Size: L) (Misc.)
Allow me to relay an experience I had with a sales rep at the local fair recently, which may be illuminating. 

I was wandering through the sales tent with my girlfriend, and paused in front of a booth with stacks of these wristbands, official PB sales material, and photos of star athletes with PB bling on their wrists. 

"Have you heard of the PB wristband?" Salesman (as of then) asked. 

"No, what is it?" 

"It's embedded with a positively charged hologram that reacts with certain frequencies in the Earth to improve balance, strength and flexibility". ...


See the full review here, courtesy of Amazon. It is funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment