Monday, March 19, 2012

iWhat? No silly ... ITIP.

So as I write this, I have just finished up an intense class becoming a US Soccer referee instructor.

I'll be honest folks, it is a bit head spinning and intimidating.

You would think that after a lifetime of being on a field with refereeing and assessing matches I would know what to expect or how to teach referees the same, right?

Wrong!

I was blown away with the preparation, detail, and methodology required to pull off even the (relatively) simplest teaching topics.

After presenting several times and critiquing others doing the same I can say that I have not even scratched the surface, and find myself back at square one on the learning curve.

The method itself is called ITIP, and is described here, in Madeline Hunter's materials, and can also be found here at the US Soccer website.

This is worth a look to any referee who attends a recertification to begin to appreciate the work that is placed into how instructors do what they do so well ... to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment