Monday, January 3, 2011

I promise this time ...

Sepp Blatter proposes Fifa anti-corruption committee

Fifa president Sepp Blatter says he wants to set up an anti-corruption committee to police world football's governing body.

The move comes after allegations of corruption dogged Fifa throughout the bidding process and voting for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

Blatter said: "This committee will strengthen our credibility and give us a new image in terms of transparency.

"I will take care of it personally, to ensure there is no corruption at Fifa." ...

See the whole story here, courtesy of the BBC.

Kicking Back's comments:
All I can say is that I hope he is serious, and this committee has some teeth. It is my opinion the international game can not handle another scandal on the scale that we just saw for the bidding for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment