Sunday, January 29, 2012

It stays in the family I guess

John Parry from Akron Ohio has been named referee for Super Bowl 46.

Michigan City native John Parry will be the head referee for Super Bowl XLVI, to be played Feb. 5 in Indianapolis.

Parry, son of the late Dave Parry, also served as an official in Super Bowl XLI between the Bears and Colts.

Parry’s father also officiated in a Super Bowl and was instrumental in collegiate officiating as well, including being the head of the NCAA referees prior to his death in May of 2011. ...

See the whole story here, courtesy of the Herald Argus.

Kicking Back Comments: I am a big fan of refereeing families. I think it gives rise to a fantastic "built in" support system. I have many, many fond memories of interactions (i.e. debates) with my dad about the LOTG and their application from the in-town leagues I used to do, straight through to the international level.

Funny to that I am beginning to probe to see if Jr. would want to work some in-town matches. That will be a story unto itself I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment