Friday, December 28, 2012

Did you ever notice ...

... FIFA's "Happy Birthday To You" segment?

Most recent from December 23rd 2012 can be found here, courtesy of FIFA.com.

Did you ever notice that referees are not on there? In fact I have never seen one, ever.

I could be wrong, and hope that I am, but I would think FIFA could find a refereeing legend worthy of posting in this segment, yes?

If you look at the list of FIFA referees for the US here, (notice the new additional folks!) it gives birth year only ... why not  announce happy birthday for those folks around the world that have made it to the FIFA ranks, and those who continue to serve in an active advisory capacity after their active service on the field.

Would seem like a common courtesy to me ... but then again, I may have missed something.

Well, I do know one retired FIFA AR who was born in December, and he is a class act, and longtime friend.

Happy birthday Tommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment