Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What Now?

Most New Year's come with moments of reflection and inflection. This year is no exception.

My question is somewhat general in nature, and is meant for us all. What now?

What now for Kicking Back? We are going into year (4) of an unknown number of years. What should happen now? Will we bookend Kicking Back in 2014 with the World Cup in Brazil? Maybe Qatar? Maybe not at all!

This year (2013) is a special year for me personally too as it would have been the year I would have had to retire from the FIFA list, would I have been appointed. I have spouted long about what I think about the age requirement, but for me, about a year from now, no doubt, will be filled with some reflection on a career refereeing, and how that can be leveraged into my "next" soccer career. What then?

How about you all? Each of us has goals that seem to fit well within the boundaries of a calendar year. What about your goals? Personal, professional ... both?

Take some time and give it some thought today. What now for 2013? Where would you like to be a year from now?

Thanks for taking the ride with me with 254 posts in 2012. Let's see what happens in 2013.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment